Terms and conditions of use
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail, or calling us on 01925 634510 during opening hours.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website;
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, ratings and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
Your recommendations may change when you make a purchase and move around the site. You might like to add products that interest you to your wish list for future reference.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on warringtonscoutsandguideshop.co.uk. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information").
- We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with Scout and Guide products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- To contact you about leaving a review on a product once your order has been completed;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Warrington Scouts and Guides by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you
- In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing Julie Hooper or calling us on 01925 634510 during opening hours.
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop for mailing or marketing purposes
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
Cookies and Analytics
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn't tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or analytic companies. You can opt out of tracking and analytics on this website by changing your settings.
At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we'll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won't respond to DNT requests.
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from the Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop
- As your product is available to collect, we will send you a Collection email
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place once the goods are collected by you for the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
- If the product is being delivered direct to you from a supplier, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to supplier and the product you're ordering
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with warringtonscoutandguideshop.co.uk, please write to us at: Customer Services, Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop, Vale Owen Road, Orford, Warrington, WA2 8PG
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email: Julie Hooper, or call 01925 634510 during opening hours, or write to: Customer Services, Warrington Scouts and Guide Shop, Vale Owen Road, Orford, Warrington, WA2 8PG
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Cancelling an Order
We're sorry that in most circumstances it's not possible to make changes to your order once you've placed it.
- To add products to your order, please place a new order for these items
- To change details of your delivery address, remove items from your order or cancel it completely, please contact us for advice on 01925 634510 during opening hours, or email us here.
- If your order is ready for collection, then you'll need to speak to us via phone or email at the earliest opportunity
- There are some products which we cannot cancel, refund or exchange, including perishable and made-to-order items
warringtonscouandguideshop.co.uk is for personal purchases, if you require large quantities of goods for business, please contact us.
We reserve the right to cancel an order if we believe it is for resale purposes or, in the case of certain badges, you are not entitled to order them.
Returns and Refunds
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you're not, just return the product to us with all the packaging and labels, and we'll exchange or refund it to the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order. Please see below for products excluded from this policy.
Under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge, but excludes the products listed as exceptions below.
Terms & conditions
- If you're unhappy with your purchase, please let us know. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase
- If you return your item to one of our shops and you'd like a refund but don't have your receipt, order confirmation or delivery note, we'll give you a gift card to the value of the current selling price. Ordinarily if you have your receipt or delivery note we'll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase
- It's important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition. We'd expect this to mean that you've kept all original packaging and labels, and that it's undamaged and unused
- We'll refund any delivery charges you've paid if you return an entire order (UK orders only)
Products we're unable to cancel, refund or exchange
We can't offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following items:
- products which have been personalised for you, such as labels etc.
- made to order products such as made to measure items
- perishable goods such as dried food etc.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
All images are for illustrative purposes only and goods may differ from the images shown.